PET BATTLE TOURNAMENT
We have a lot of stuff to talk about, so lets get right down to business!
First, our first annual pet battle tournament is about to begin. Registration for the event will take place from now until February 15th with the tournament to begin on Wednesday February 20th.
- You may submit up to three teams, and you may not make changes to those teams after the tournament begins. Teams will be submitted privately to our judges, meaning you won’t know exactly what you’re up against until the battles start, and each player can choose from among his or her three teams for each battle.
- Rounds will be best two out of three.
- Battles happen twice a week for however long the tournament goes, so that we can accommodate everyone's schedule.
- Competitors will be in vent with our judges during their battles. Players are encouraged to offer commentary, and anyone who wishes may join us in vent to keep up with the action.
Each competitor must submit a roster of teams to me either via PM on the forums or in-game mail sent to Vykas. These teams will be kept secret from other competitors and is necessary for matchmaking purposes only. This is to ensure fun and fair matches.
Also note that while you may submit up to three teams you do not have to submit 3 teams--only 1 team is necessary to compete.
PREPERATION FOR 5.2
As many of you are aware 5.2 is on it's way bringing with it a great deal of class design churn that is sure to make things interesting for a while--but more importantly, it also brings with it a new raid tier. And with a new raid tier comes the new raid tier signups! Yay!
Currently we are expecting to keep our Tuesday and Thursday Raid nights. From 7pm to 10 pm server time. However, if anyone has any suggestions for new dates or times please let us know! We want to get as many people raiding as possible but you have to let us know.
As with all new raid tiers current raiders also have an opprotunity to swap roles or toons if they so choose. It will be on them to begin the gearing process. We will expect each raider to have no less than a 490 item level (subject to change as more information becomes available) for the start of the 5.2 raids.
The raid makeup will be:
- 2 Tanks
- 3 Healers
- 2 Melee
- 3 Ranged
All raiders should be prepared to have a viable off-spec. Tanks and Healers should have a DPS spec while DPS Hybrids should be willing to have a Healing or Tanking off spec.
There is currently no set date for the start of 5.2 so there is no need to rush to any decissions. However, I would like everyone who is intersted in raiding to post on the forums here as well post what role and class they would like to play.
- Pet battles begin on February 20th
- Submit up to 3 teams to me via PM or In-Game mail by February 15th
- Get ready for 5.2
- Determine if you can raid on the days indicated or suggest alternatives
- Decide on what role or class you'd like to fill
- Talk about it here!